Spring 2020 elections have concluded. Here are your executives for the
- President: Neil Parikh (n3parikh)
- Vice President: Anastassia Gaikovaia (agaikova)
- Sysadmin: Amin Bandali (abandali)
Stacy Gaikovaia, CRO
Computer Science Club systems and services will be unavailable on Thursday, May 28 due to a planned power outage in the Mathematics and Computer Building (MC) from 10am to 12pm (noon) EDT.
The CSC will begin shutting down machines at 8am EDT in preparation of the outage.
This outage will impact:
- Web hosting (all personal and club websites)
- Email (@csclub.uwaterloo.ca email addresses)
- Servers and Office Terminals
We hope to maintain the availability of mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca for the duration of the outage. Should sufficient battery backup power be available, we may also attempt to maintain the availability our web hosting service.
Please prepare for the outage by:
- Ensuring all running processes have their state saved (configuration, data, etc.)
- Any important files are backed up off-site from the CSC
If you have any questions/concerns, please email the Systems Committee at syscom(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca.
Computer Science Club | University of Waterloo
Due to the closure of campus this term, the Computer Science Club will
be holding elections for Spring 2020 virtually. The president,
vice-president, treasurer and assistant
vice-president (formerly secretary) will be elected, the sysadmin will
be ratified. The librarian and office manager will not be appointed,
since the office will be closed for the Spring term.
If you'd like to run for any of these positions, please email
cro(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca. Nominations will close on Wednesday, May 20
2020 at midnight EDT.
Additionally, due to campus closure, MathSoc has decided not collect
fees for the Spring 2020 term. Due to this:
* If have already paid for Spring 2020 membership, your membership has
been extended by one term.
* If your membership is expired for the Spring 2020 term, you can email
exec(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca to have your membership renewed for the term at
CRO, Computer Science Club