Rakuten, Inc. is holding an info session on Tuesday, November 4th (next
Tuesday!) in TC2218(A&B) from 5-6 pm. They are recruiting both undergrad
and Masters students for post-graduation employment. The company is
located in Tokyo, Japan, and they are hiring for positions located at head
office, so if you're interested in working in Japan, come out and take a
Information about the company: Rakuten, Inc. calls themselves an "online
real-estate company". Their main business operation, Rakuten Ichiba, is
similar in nature to Amazon's online shopping business. In addition,
Rakuten has many other business ventures, including a travel site (focused
on intra-Japan travel) and financial ventures, as well as owning
subsidiaries such as the Canadian e-book company Kobo Inc., located in
Rakuten is one of the most internationally-facing companies in Japan,
priding themselves on the fact that the company's main language of business
is English, rather than Japanese, and they are both actively recruiting
English speakers as well as actively trying to increase the English
proficiency of their Japanese employees.
Please see the attached flyer for additional information about the info
WORKS APPLICATIONS CO., LTD. specializes in development of ERP (Enterprise
Resource Planning) software. Our ERP software gained No. 1 market share in
Japan and Top 5 market share worldwide!
We are among Top 5 “Great Place to Work” in Japan for 5 years, and we offer
challenging but rewarding career opportunities! We are looking to hire
Research and Development Engineers to work in our Tokyo / Singapore /
- One to Two months summer internship in Tokyo / Singapore
- Full-time employment in Tokyo / Singapore / Shanghai
Development and improvement of ERP software package "COMPANY"
- Developing upgrade and new features
- Fixing bugs
- Adopting to platform upgrade
- Maintenance of existing data
Development of ERP software package for overseas companies
- Adopting local regulations
Business Analysis and Development of New Service
- Analyze the data to provide BI (Business Intelligence)
- Development of new services such as Groupware, in-house SNS. etc.
Research and Development of new technology for ERP software
- Development with use of open Database
- Data management with use of Cloud technology
- Development with new device such as Smartphone and Tablet PC
- Synchronize of ERP system directly with the client company's inner
STARTING SALARY: Approx. $60,000 CAD or above!
*this is for full-time employment, but summer internship will be
paid-internship with support for transportation and accommodation
- Flexible working time
- Relocation and commuting allowance
- Health care insurance
- Employees’ pension
- and MORE!
- NO JAPANESE REQUIRED!
- Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any other related
- Development experience in C++ or Java
- Graduating undergraduate or postgraduate student
- Must be able to start working in 2014/2015/2016
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Quick registration at https://bal-job.com/public/seminar/view/10
2. Attend the on-campus Information Session
3. Submit the Programming Assignment within 5 days
4. Interview in mid Nov. 2014
- Date: Oct 28th, 2014
- Time: 11:30 am
- Venue: Davis Centre - Colloquium 1302, University of Waterloo
REGISTER NOW TO SECURE YOUR SEAT!
WORKS APPLICATION – global recruitment team
The UW and WLU Microsoft Student Partners are hosting a Microsoft Visual Studio Scavenger Hunt on Monday November 10th at 6:30pm in QNC 2502.
Please find more and the latest info on the Facebook event page.
Microsoft Student Partner
I am a recent UW engineering grad who is looking to hire an Android developer on a contract basis. We'll start with a relatively small task, and if it works out there will be more contracts available.
The task:Create a PDF viewer app for an Android tablet with a panel for quickly switching between PDFs. When switching from PDF "A" to PDF "B", app must scroll and zoom to the same spot on "B" as it was on "A".
- PDFs need to be hosted on a server, with access to certain PDFs restricted by user. - App won't be on the Play store, but still needs to recieve updates over-the-air.- You will be given screens showing the UI- Only needs to support one kind of device, with one android version.
Job details:Start date: sometime between this Nov-JanType of work: contractContact: Paul van der Vecht, pevander(a)uwaterloo.caLocation: work from home
I'm looking for proposals from you about the other details of the job. Everything is quite flexible, so please give me a shout if you're at all interested or have any questions.
In addition to your programming experience, please try to include the following information in your reply:
-Estimated project duration-Time commitment (hours/week)-Cost (for total project)
We’re working on an upcoming app initially aimed towards
university towns; more info about the app will come if you are chosen to be
of the team. We realize this is a bit vague, but we hope to shed more light
on the app after a face-to-face meet. Currently we’re in the process of
looking for a team to assist us in successfully creating and launching the
app. We would appreciate it if you were to share this opportunity with your
club. If anyone is interested in learning more about the application they
can contact us at ratedr.gen(a)gmail.com. There will be benefits for
those selected to work with the team and the work load does not require
a huge time commitment. Mainly we’re looking for a few coders to create a
large database; also we’re looking to recruit someone for our graphics
team. We appreciate your help and look forward to hearing back from you.
Rated R Team