Happy Monday, and welcome back to campus! We have two events for you this
1. *Google Tech Talk (Google Fiber Internet: The Messy Bits)*
A Google software engineer from the Google Fiber team, Avery Pennarun, will
be giving a tech talk on *THURSDAY* at *6:00pm* in *MC 2065*!
Avery graduated from Waterloo in Computer Engineering, started some
startups and some open-source projects, and now works at Google Fiber on a
small team building super fast wifi routers, TV settop boxes, and the
firmware that runs on them. For the talk's abstract, please see here
Be sure to *RSVP* <http://bit.ly/GoogleFiberTalk> and show up on time to
make sure you get some food (and swag)!
2. *Winter 2015 Elections*
The Computer Science Club is holding elections on *THURSDAY* at *7:00pm* in
the *Comfy (MC 3001)*, right after the Google talk.
The president, vice-president, treasurer, and secretary will be elected,
the sysadmin will be ratified, and the librarian and office manager will be
If you'd like to run for any of these positions, or nominate someone, you
- write your name on the board in the CSC office (MC 3036/3037),
- send our CRO, Elana, an email at cro(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca,
- deposit nominations in the CSC mailbox in MathSoc (MC 3038),
- let Elana know in person.
Nominations close this *Wednesday* at *6:00pm*.
1. *Google Tech Talk: THURSDAY, 6:00pm, MC 2065*
(RSVP here: http://bit.ly/GoogleFiberTalk
2. *Elections: THURSDAY, 7:00pm, Comfy (MC 3001)*
(Nominations close Wednesday at 6:00pm.)
If you have any questions, feel free to email us <exec(a)csclub.uwaterloo.ca>ca>,
or drop by our office.
President, Computer Science Club <http://csclub.uwaterloo.ca/>
University of Waterloo <https://uwaterloo.ca/>