Happy Monday, and welcome back to campus! We have two events for you this week:
1. Google Tech Talk (Google Fiber Internet: The Messy Bits)
A Google software engineer from the Google Fiber team, Avery Pennarun, will be giving a tech talk on THURSDAY at 6:00pm in MC 2065!
Avery graduated from Waterloo in Computer Engineering, started some startups and some open-source projects, and now works at Google Fiber on a small team building super fast wifi routers, TV settop boxes, and the firmware that runs on them. For the talk's abstract, please see here
Be sure to RSVP
and show up on time to make sure you get some food (and swag)!
The Computer Science Club is holding elections on THURSDAY at 7:00pm in the Comfy (MC 3001), right after the Google talk.
The president, vice-president, treasurer, and secretary will be elected, the sysadmin will be ratified, and the librarian and office manager will be appointed.
If you'd like to run for any of these positions, or nominate someone, you can:
- write your name on the board in the CSC office (MC 3036/3037),
- send our CRO, Elana, an email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- deposit nominations in the CSC mailbox in MathSoc (MC 3038),
- let Elana know in person.
Nominations close this Wednesday at 6:00pm.
- Google Tech Talk: THURSDAY, 6:00pm, MC 2065
(RSVP here: http://bit.ly/GoogleFiberTalk.)
- Elections: THURSDAY, 7:00pm, Comfy (MC 3001)
(Nominations close Wednesday at 6:00pm.)
If you have any questions, feel free to email us, or drop by our office.