[CSC] Planned outage on Thursday, May 28, 2020
Computer Science Club
csc-general at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 26 19:58:57 EDT 2020
Computer Science Club systems and services will be unavailable on Thursday, May 28 due to a planned power outage in the Mathematics and Computer Building (MC) from 10am to 12pm (noon) EDT.
The CSC will begin shutting down machines at 8am EDT in preparation of the outage.
This outage will impact:
- Web hosting (all personal and club websites)
- Email (@csclub.uwaterloo.ca email addresses)
- Servers and Office Terminals
We hope to maintain the availability of mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca for the duration of the outage. Should sufficient battery backup power be available, we may also attempt to maintain the availability our web hosting service.
Please prepare for the outage by:
- Ensuring all running processes have their state saved (configuration, data, etc.)
- Any important files are backed up off-site from the CSC
If you have any questions/concerns, please email the Systems Committee at syscom at csclub.uwaterloo.ca.
Computer Science Club | University of Waterloo
syscom at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
More information about the csc-general